Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Be a Mary

​S-Luke 10:41-42 NIV

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

O- This occurred when Jesus visited the home of Mary and Martha.  Mary sat at the feet of Jesus for the entire time he was there and Martha was worried about the work needed to host Jesus and the disciples at her home.   Jesus heard Martha's complaint and let her know that here sister Mary had a choice between helping to host or to sit at the feet of Jesus listening to all that he had to say.  He let her know Mary had chose the better of the two, because the Messiah had come and had much to say to those who would listen. 

A - The application for me is to be like Mary and sit at the feet of Jesus and listen over spending my time worrying about the things of the world.  I get to come to Jesus at anytime and present my requests and listen to his voice.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart , I pray that you would help me to pay attention to you and your lessons you have taught me. I pray this all in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment