Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The resurrected Christ

​S-Luke 24:45-49 NIV

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will sufferand rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

O- The resurrected Jesus speaks he to two of his disciples who didn't quite understand that his ressurrection was part of the prophesy of the Messiah.  It is through His death and resurrection that forgiveness of sin and reconciliation with God is achieved. This is the good news that will spread to all nations beginning in Jersusalem.   The ascensiion of Jesus into heaven and his sending of the Holy Spirit is the last of His promises and neccesary for the disciples to know how and where to do the ministry of Christ on earth.

A - The application for me is to believe in the resurrection of Christ and the payment for my sins through his death.  His ressurrection means I have an advocate in heaven that knows me and know my heart.  I am to be repentant for my past sins and look to be guided by the holy spirit in my future action.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help remind me of the power of your resurrection and help me to be guided by your holy spirit.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment