Monday, January 23, 2023

Gods grace

​S-Luke 23:20-22 NIV

20 Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. 21 But they kept shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”

22 For the third time he spoke to them: “Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him.”

O- Three times Pilate appealed to the people that he found no guilt in Jesus.  He even sent him to Herod to see if Herod found any guilt in him,  and he did not.   Pilate wanting to release Jesus appealed to the people but they insisted on crucifying him despite there being no real evidence of him deserving death.   What grace and mercy and total sacrifice Jesus was willing to show in that he was being accussed and sentenced to death on a cross despite there being no evidence of his wrong doing.  He was the perfect innocent sacrificial lamb who would die for the sins of his people.  It is because of his willingness to do so that God's grace would triump over our sins.

A =  The application for me is to truly and freely accept the sacrifice that Jesus made for my salvation.   He did so despite his innocence,  which is what makes his sacrifice sufficient, he was the innocent unblemished lamb of God sent to take away the sins of the world. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson , may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would forgive me my sins and allow your grace to cover my shortcomings.  I pray allt his in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment