Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Humble myself

​S-Luke 18:14 NIV

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

O- This was the parable of the tax collector and the pharisee who both went to the temple to pray.  The pharisee prayed that he was thankful that he is not like robbers and thieves and even tax collectors.  The tax collector on the other hand simply prayed "Lord have mercy on me, sinner".  The difference is one exalts himself above others (the Pharisee) and the other humbly admits he is a sinner in need of salvation. 

A - The application for me is to remember to always approach God humbly.  I know because of my sins I am in need of salvation that comes through Christ alone. I am to beware of my not so humble self that thinks my good works have gained me priveledge of some sort in the eyes of the Lord.  Jesus loves me because he created me and wants to see me in relationship with God the father; he doesn't love me for my good works or anything I have done.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray you help me maintain the right perspective with regards to my worthiness and ultimate salvation.  Help keep me humble.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment