Saturday, January 28, 2023

The cornerstone of faith

​S - Acts 4:10-12 NIV

then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead,that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is

“‘the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone.’[a]

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

O- John and Peter were standing before the Sanheedrin because of their testimony regarding the healing of a man at the temple.  They were not intimidated by the leaders who were questioning them but boldly proclaimed it was by the name of Jesus Christ that they healed this man.  They proclaimed the good news of salvation is found in Christ who was crucified as atonement for our sins and raised from the dead and now is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father.  There is no other name by which we are saved from our sins than Jesus.

A -  The application for me is to walk in this testimony that my salvation comes from Christ who died for my sins on the cross, reconciling me once and for always with God the Father.  This is the cornerstone of my faith upon which I am to build my life.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me to build my faith up on the rock of your salvation that is Christ.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name ,  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment