Friday, January 6, 2023

Be not hypocritical

​S-Luke 6:37-38 NIV

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

O-Jesus is showing his disciples how not to be hypocrites in their ministry.  The keepers of the law like the phariseed and the saducces had become a judgemental and hypocritical bunch.   Jesus wanted his disciples to be different and not to judge or condemn people but to simply deliver the message of the gospel wherever they went.  They were to forgive  and give not judge and condemn.

A - The application for me is to be sure I am not being hypocritical to in my own life.  I have fallen short and shown grace and mercy by God and others, so I should do the same.  I am to freely forgive  and give freely.  I am not to compare myself with others or compare them with a standard I cannot live up to.  I should leave all judgement and comparison to God who is just and merciful.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray lord you help me to forgive and give willingly and to not judge and condemn people.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment