Friday, December 2, 2022

Believe in Christ

​S-Romans 10:11-13 NIV

11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[e] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

O- How comforting to know that whoever believes in Jesus will never be put to shame.  The Lord is the same for the Jew and the Gentile,  he is the Lord of all and richly blesses each person that call on him.  The fact that Jews and Gentiles where apart of the church in Rome, it probably meant there was tension between the two groups.  The Jews in Rome had been driven out by the emperor for a period and the letter to Rome from Paul came to them at a time when the Jews returned to Rome.   

A - The application for me is to recognize Jesus is available always to me and if I would believe in him, and call upon him he will be there for me.  I may have fallen short of God's best for my life but that doesn't mean he isn't still working things together for good.  I simply need to call on him and believe he can and will show me the way. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would be the Lord of my life and lead me onto path's that I should be taking.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment