Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Freedom from sin

S-John 8:34-36  NIV

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

O - Jesus is the son of God and has all authority to set us free from our sin.  Jesus is explaining to the pharisees and those present that He alone is from God and delivers God's message to the people.  His message of salvation from sin once and for all.  It is this hope that makes us different to those who are simply trying to conform to the law.

A - The application for me is to be glad and rejoice in the finished work of Jesus.  Although I have sinned,  I have repented and towards God.  I have access to God because of the work of Jesus on the Cross.   I have been given the Holy Spirit to guide me and therefore I can live free from sin.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you remind me of my relationship to you through your son.   I pray that you help me put my past sin behind me and move forward in your ways.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment