Thursday, December 15, 2022

Perseverance in trials

​S-James 1: 2-5 NIV

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a]whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faithproduces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

O- Maintaining joy through trials is a challenging prospect, but James exhorts us to test our faith which produces perserverance.   Perserverance does it work in us leaving us more mature and lacking for nothing.  He also knows some of us may lack wisdom on how to persevere,  we simpy need to ask God who is a generous giver and is full of mercy.  

A - The application for me is to face my trials with an eye on God's plan for me , a good plan for my redemption and not my fall.  I must persevere through the trials so my faith can be made whole and true.  I must seek God for wisdom in my circumstances and be expectant of His freely giving in great abundance.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for your perseverance through the trials I face.  I pray as I recover from sexual sin that you would grant me wisdom on how to conduct my life and recover trust in my marriage.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment