Thursday, December 22, 2022

The way, the truth and the life

​S-John 14:6-7 NIV

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truthand the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

O-  Jesus shows us here that he is answer to our problem.   He is the way, the path we are to follow, the truth, God's true and straight way, and the life, the everlasting life that comes with being reconciled with the eternal father.  No one can come to the father except through him, which is why he is the way.   Jesus is one with the Father, therefore if we know Jesus we know God as well.  

A - The application for me is to to follow Jesus as my way to salvation and restoration.   I am to here the truth from Jesus and plant it deep in my heart and I am to begin living an eternal life in which things from heaven carry more weight than things of the world. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you show me your way, your truth and your life, so I might walk in the fullness of this life. I pray this in Jesus name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment