Tuesday, December 6, 2022

No grumble, be humble

​a-Phil 2:14-16 NIV

Do everything without grumbling or arguing,15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[c] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 

O- Paul's exhortation to the Phillipians is a matter of heart.   We are do act and behave without grumbling and arguing amongst us as Christians because we have something big that has happened to us , namely our salvation and restoration that comes from Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.  As we receive this gift of grace we are to become blameless and pure as children of God amongst a world that can be warped around us.  But we are to maintain steadfast in our attitudes that we not grumble but praise God in all circumstances.

A - The application for me to be humble, not grumble.  I know this is easier said than done but it is a choice.   When I feel the circumstances around me start me grumbling in my spirit and actions I need to take my worries and concerns to the Lord, he is always available and willing to guide me in all circumstances.  From that place I can give my burdens to the Lord and look forward to walking in His ways.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to have a humble heart one that does not grumble and argue when things aren't going my way.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment