Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Free from sin

​S- Coll 2:13-15 NIV

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d]alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross

O- Paul here helps us understand where we came from in our walk with Christ.  Before we dead in our sins and now God makes us alive in Christ.   He has forgiven each and everyone of our sins and cancelled any debt we may have to him through the price Jesus paid, death on a cross.  He did so in a very public display so that all might know and remember His sacrifice. 

A- The application for me is to remember the sacrifice of Christ and the grace of God over my sins.  I am to walk without the weight of those sins on me anymore,  to walk in a upright and right manner knowing that this pleases God.   While I may have been forgiven my sins I am not to forget them or the lessons from them,  there is no good that comes from sin other than repentance or to turn from it.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would help me put the thoughts and effects of my sin behind me and help me to walk in your like and on the path you are laying before me .  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment