Wednesday, December 14, 2022

God's correction

​s-Heb 12:5-6 NIV

My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

O- Paul here is speaking to the church in Jerusalem and gives them wise advice to not make light of the Lord's discipline and not to lose heart when it occurs because we have a God who loves us unconditionally and a savior who died for our sins to be reconcilled.   We don't have to get down when we are facing discipline because God means it for our good and not our punishment.  He corrects those he loves so they don't stay mired in their circumstances.

A - The application for me is to not get down or saddened by the corrections that the Lord is doing in me.  He does it because he loves me and wants me to live a better life.  I must remember I am accepted in God's eyes and his discipline is for my good.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your discipline and correction so I may live a better life.  I pray Lord you help me to pay attention to your corrections and embrace them for what they are, a chance at a better life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment