Friday, December 16, 2022

Suffering according to God's will

​S-1Peter 4:19NIV

19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

O - Peter is teaching the churches how to live through suffering.  We are to suffer according to God's will and committ ourselves to God and continue to do good.   That is the challenge in suffering we are to still have a good attitude and focus on the good things we can say and do.  When we suffer according to God's will we are under God's grace and should know the suffering is only temporary and helps us grow in perseverance.

A - The application for me is to recognize my suffering as part of God's will in my life.  It is likely a correction of my path from where I was heading to the path of God's will for my life.  I must learn to persevere and not give up on God's will for my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to persevere through my current circumstances and help me to despite the suffering stick to you correction in my life. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment