Wednesday, August 26, 2015

All I have is from God

S - 1 Cor 1:26-31 (MSG)
Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don’t see many of “the brightest and the best” among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn’t it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these “nobodies” to expose the hollow pretensions of the “somebodies”? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. That’s why we have the saying, “If you’re going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God.”

O -  Paul is writing to this church in Corinth to remind them of who they are in Christ.  We can assume they are much like the local church today,  full of blessing and tension amongst the congregation and even leaders on how we are to be as Christians.   Paul is reminding them all in our humble place as followers of Christ, that we were all falling short of God and in many cases societies qualifications as good, and through God's love and grace we are all redeemed and made new for a purpose.

A -   The application for me is to recognize that I must confess my own arrogance that had grown as a result of position and authority.   I must acknowledge God has given me every promotion and authority that I have had on earth, and I had grown to believe I earned and deserved this through my own hard work.   I had learned that lesson when I first came to know Christ, and I believe I am getting another lesson n what verse 30 says,  that everything I have comes from God, even my right living, and I am not to blow the horn I made, but to blow the trumpet God has given me.  

P  -  Dear Lord thank you for loving and pursuing me.  I so need you in my life each and every day to guide me,  to show me, to heal me.  I pray Lord you would begin to restore my heart and mind and protect me from my own thoughts that are not from you.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment