Friday, August 14, 2015

Hurry toward God

S - Jer 17:14-8 NASB
14Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
Save me and I will be saved,
For You are my praise.
15Look, they keep saying to me,
"Where is the word of the Lord?
Let it come now!"
16But as for me, I have not hurried away from being a shepherd after You,
Nor have I longed for the woeful day;
You Yourself know that the utterance of my lips
Was in Your presence.
17Do not be a terror to me;
You are my refuge in the day of disaster.
18Let those who persecute me be put to shame, but as for me, let me not be put to shame;
Let them be dismayed, but let me not be dismayed.

O - Jeremiah is continuing to prophesy to the people of Israel, a word of exile and correction for their sins.   It must bring him great heaviness to be the constant bearer of bad news, but here we see him posture toward God amidst the  season, and it is on that may help us do the same in trying times.  


A -  There are three principle take aways from this scripture that I need to apply to my own trying seasons:

1.   Don't run away from God in times of trial -  seek His presence
2.   Speak the truth of what God is saying and doing - don't dwell on what the external signs are showing.
3.   Seek refuge in God's presence -  He is able and willing to be our strong tower when we stay close to Him.


P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for your word, and the courage of your prophet Jeremiah to not hurry away but rather seek your refuge, and speak you truth.  I pray that you fill me with your spirit and your courage to do the same.  I pray that you guide my hands, feets, an lips, and fill me with your spirit.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment