Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Walk in the light

S - John :
35So Jesus said to them, "For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. 36While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light."

O -  Jesus is speaking this to the people gathering to him before the passover celebration, and right before he is to be accussed and crucified by the Chief Priest.  He pleads with the people that they should walk in the ways he speaks of because He is the way, the truth, and the life.   The analogy is that He is the light and while right with them they should walk in the light, not just observe it but to walk with the light and follow Jesus.

A -  The application for me is more a call to walk in the light of Christ in my life today.  While darkness may still live in the land that I roam,  I have the light of Christ in my.  I need to simply believe that the light is with me at all times,  I need to locate it and walk in it.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson,may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord you first shine your light on the darkness that is inside of me, and rebuke and rid myself once and for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment