Wednesday, August 12, 2015

God's correction and direction from within

S  -  Jer 10: 23-24.nasb 
I know, O Lord , that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps. Correct me, O Lord , but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.

John 14:22
"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.


O -  Jeremiah's plea to the Lord is on behalf of Israel but also for himself.   The Lord is delivering the message through Jeremiah there are consequences for following idols, and those consequences require a correction.   This correction will be exile for Israel to Babylon.    Jeremiah prays or submits to God please correct me, with justice ad not anger.   In the Gospel of John we see Jesus explaining his oneness with God,  and confirms that by abiding in Jesus, we may have our steps directed by te Lord, because when we accept and love Jesus, that he will make a home in my heart, and the counselor will cause me to remember Word of God and help direct my steps.

A - The application for me is ensure I am open to the Lords correction, because I love and entrust my life to His direction.  I am reminded of the inner strength and wisdom that lives in me because the Holy Spirit dwells in me. 

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your correction and wisdom you done in my life.  Shape me Lord to be the man, husband,  father, you have called and created me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment