Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Seek the Lord in seasons of correction, their is grace

S - Jeremiah 42:9-12 (NASB)
 "Thus says the Lord the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to present your petition before Him: 10'If you will indeed stay in this land, then I will build you up and not tear you down, and I will plant you and not uproot you; for I will relent concerning the calamity that I have inflicted on you. 11Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you are now fearing; do not be afraid of him,' declares the Lord, 'for I am with you to save you and deliver you from his hand.12I will also show you compassion, so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your own soil.

O -  Here Jeremiah is praying for a remnant that is left behind in Israel after the Babylonian exile.   They are ready to flee to Egypt and get away, but they chose to come to Jeremiah and ask him to intercede for them.   They agree to do whatever it is God speaks to them through Jeremiah.   What a sweet response they get from the Lord.   God has a plan for  good future for them even in the midst of His correction, and grace work together to keep the  people of Israel close.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that the Lord has the same desire and heart for me during this desert season I walk.  His grace has been shown to me by allowing me to stay in the land He has brought me to.   I sense a empathy and understanding for the Israelite's in their season of correction.  They doubt they should still stay and want to flee from their current situation.  But the Lord says stay,  fear not the authorities over you because I, the Lord, your God have you in my hand, I have sufficient love and grace to both correct and bless you.   I need to trust in the Lord in this season of correction, that He has a plan for my future and my hope.

P - Dear heavenly Father, than you for your word to me today.  I pray it washes over me, and relieves me of thoughts that are not of you, and focus' me on the future that you are preparing for me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment