Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Gospel of John

S - John 20:30-31 (NASB)
30Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;31but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

O- The book of John was written by the Apostle John with a purpose in mind to show in a convincing way that Jesus Christ, is the son of God, that he came to earth to redeem His people.  That he performed many great acts of proof that He is the messiah, and taught many great things.   John was also one of Jesus' beloved disciples who was within Jesus small inner group even within the twelve.   Jesus called John for a specific purpose, and His Gospel remains one of the most convincing and well known for the simple message of the Gospel.

A -  The application for me is just to rest in the knowledge of my salvation.   I believe in Jesus Christ, and therefore I have eternal life, in name.  I am learning what it means to walk out what this truth means to me.   God has sought me, found me, and redeemed me and my life has forever changed.  I believe He is doing a good work in me to prepare me for His kingdom.  I am also called to share this good news with others, and ensure I am advancing the kingdom.

P-  Dear Lord, I acknowledge you as my Lord and savior.  I pray Lord you restore the passion of my first love.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment