Monday, June 4, 2012

Pride the undoing of wisdom

Pride the undoing of wisdom
S - Prov 29: 22-23 (NASB)

An angry man stirs up strife,
And a hot-tempered man abounds in transgression.
23 A man’s pride will bring him low,
But a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Psalm 60:11-12
O give us help against the adversary,
For deliverance by man is in vain.
12 Through God we shall do valiantly,
And it is He who will tread down our adversaries.


O -  Humbleness and seeking God for our strength are co-labors in our walk with God.   As Pastor Wayne said the enemy of wisdom is pride.   Pride can take a way a lifetime of wisdom imparted to us by God, and negate it all by putting our focus on ourselves as the source of the wisdom and strength.  


A -  The application for me is to understand that I must continue to strip all of that is of me prideful and lean more on God and the spirits leadings.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson,may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you continue to hold my hand through this season, as I walk through a  valley hopefully toward you and your best for my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment