Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Neither riches or poverty - just provision

Neither riches or poverty - just provision
S -  Prov 30:7-9 (NASB)

Two things I asked of You,
Do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me,
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion,
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the Lord?”
Or that I not be in want and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

O - This proverb reminds of of Paul's statement that I have both lived a life of abundant provision, and a life of meager means, and I have learned to praise God in both of them.  Solomon's inspired wisdom here is for us all because we all struggle to know sufficient means.   Be satisfied in our circumstances is key to keeping our spirit from flagging, or becoming prideful, the end result of which our flesh reacts and distances our self from God.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I am in a season of ample provision, where my portion is more than sufficient, and I must guard my heart from forgetting who is lord of my life.  I like Solomon would pray also that my portion would be sufficient to keep me from grumbling against God, and begin focusing again on earning my own provision, and not simply trusting God, and doing his will.  

P - Lord help me to worry neither about poverty or riches,  and to be more than content on exactly where you have me today.  I pray for your spirits filling of my heart and soul, so that I may walk in confidence and not fear, joy and not worry,  boldness and not with trepidation.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment