Friday, June 15, 2012

Giving your heart completely to God

Giving your heart completely to God
S - 2 Chron 16:7-9 (NASB)
“ Because you have relied on the king of Aram and have not relied on the Lord your God, therefore the army of the king of Aram has escaped out of your hand. Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubim an immense army with very many chariots and horsemen? Yet because you relied on the Lord, He delivered them into your hand. For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. 


O - The King of Judah during this time struggled to stay close and dependent and the Lord  and as a result lost the favor of the Lord.  Previous to this when faced with certain loss by a powerful Ethiopian force, he sought after God and his help and received it.   But time and circumstances this close dependence on the Lord and eventually the king found him relying on himself and his ability to build a strategy and coalition that served his needs vice seeking and depending on the the Lord. 


A - The application for me is to realize that I once was so dependent on God, that his favor was also on me.   But as I let the world influence who my obedience is to then I run the same risk as the king of Judah, that I might begin to depend again on the leaders of the world for my strength instead of maintaining my heart as completely Gods.


P -  Dear heavenly Father, I repent now as my wandering heart strays from being completely yours.  I need you Lord, to stay by my side and lead me and guide me.   Lord I belong to you.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment