Thursday, June 28, 2012


S - 2 Tim 4:16-21 (NASB)

16 At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. 17 But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to Hisheavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
19 Greet Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. 20  Erastus remained at Corinth, but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus. 21  Make every effort to come before winter. Eubulus greets you, also Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brethren.

O -  In this last chapter of the letter to Timothy Paul reveals some truth's of this world, and truth's of being a minister to God.  The truths are this that we travel through seasons, and along the way face trials, and make friends.   Trials are from the world and for our growth, and friends are to help us endure and pass through trials successfully.   Paul had both trials and friends.  And the though during his first defense in Rome he felt deserted, the Lord rescued him.   In this letter to Timothy, though he describes some people having left, he speaks fondly of the many friends and disciples he gathered along the way.  He is even really calling Timothy back to himself for a season even though he knows he left him with one of his local church plants.  

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I too will face trials and need to remain confident in the Lords rescue from those seasons.   I am also to reflect on the many great men and women the lord has put in my life and whom I may call upon again and again for fellowship, comfort, and to buouy up my spirits.    Men like Rod, Rich, James, Greg.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would rescue me from this season.   I pray for renewed and refreshed relationships with men and women of God that can help strengthen me in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment