Sunday, June 3, 2012

Focus on edifying others

Focus on edifying others
S - Rom 15:

Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. For even Christ did not please Himself.  

O - The truth that Paul is saying is one that is often lost on us, because we can get so focused on self.  Servanthood is a kingdom principle and one that costs, but does not come without reward.  When we focus on others needs, or joy is filled,  when we focus on our needs, our apparent lack brings us down. 

A - The application for me is to stop wallowing in my own self needs, and focus on the needs of others.  It is through serving others that my joy will be filled, and people will be edified; drawing people to Christ, and strengthening them in Christ is an honor and privilege. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, I pray for help in not focusing on my self but on serving others.  Restore the joy I once had in doing so, that I might once again be used by you for your kingdom purposes.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment