Friday, June 8, 2012

Our gifts for the building of the body of Christ

Our gifts for the building of the body of Christ
S -  Eph 4:11-16 (NASB)


10 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12  for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children,tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

O - The doctrine Paul lays down here is the very simple design and goal of the local church.   We see God has given each of us an assignment according to the gifts he has endowed us with for a singular purpose: to equip the saints for the work of service which is building up the body of Christ.  This design is also part of God's plan to ensure his people don't once again wander from him as the tribes of Israel did prior to then.  He gives instruction how these many gifted people are to edify one another strengthening one another by building up each other in truth and love.

A -  The application for me is revelation just a little more of my calling and purpose.  Simply I am to operate in my gifts of pastoring and teaching to help equip the saints for the work of service which is  to build up the body of Christ.   The exact nature of when and how I need to release to and trust in God.  During some seasons I will be receiving equipping from a Pastor, in another season I will be pastoring and teaching to a friend,  in another pastoring a co-worker.    

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your continued equipping of my life.  I pray that you would continue to remind me to minister using my gifts exactly where you have me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment