Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Proclaiming the Truth of who God is
S -  Psalm 89
11 The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; 
The world and all it contains, You have founded them. 
12 The north and the south, You have created them; 
Tabor and Hermon shout for joy at Your name. 
13 You have a strong arm; 
Your hand is mighty, Your right hand is exalted. 
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; 
Lovingkindness and truth go before You. 
15 How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! 
O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance. 
16 In Your name they rejoice all the day, 
And by Your righteousness they are exalted. 
17 For You are the glory of their strength, 
And by Your favor our horn is exalted. 
18 For our shield belongs to the LORD, 
And our king to the Holy One of Israel.


O - I can imagine the heart and mind of David as he writes this Psalm.  It likely comes in a time during or right after a great trial of sorts.   One of David's strengths in writing the Psalms is to simply proclaim word's of truth about who God is.  The more you describe God the more encouraged you begin to feel about who you are following, and whose covering you have. 


A - My encouragement from this is to understand that speaking words of truth about who God is in my times of worry and doubt, when facing great trials, or even simply when my faith is flagging.  God has patiently and perfectly pursued me,  he saved me, he has planned my every step before me and has good plans for me.  He see's all and knows all, and is pleased with me. 


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your example to me through your son David,  I pray that I may have a heart like David, one that is all for you, trusts in you, and leads your people well.  I pray Lord that you would remove whatever lie lives in me that I am not good enough, that I am somehow not doing enough, that I am failing or wasting my time.   I pray that you remove any doubts about my calling, and your path and provision for my calling, help me Lord to walk in confidence daily in your Truth.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment