Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life giving word of God

Life giving word of God

S - Matt 4:4 (NASB)
“It is written, ‘MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.’”


O - Truth directly from the mouth of Jesus is always powerful, but  his own words are words that give life.  For we observe Him in a time of great trial and temptation , weak from fasting for 40 days, the devil tempts him to use his power for his own good and turn the rocks into bread.  But the words of life are this, that whatever commands the Lord gives us are life giving, and if it comes out of the mouth of God, via a whisper from the Holy Spirit, or simply reading God's word it is life giving.


A - The application for me is to translate that to my current needs where in this desert feeling season, I am searching for the the passion and love to feel me up so I may out pour this love into others.  I am desperately seeking to be filled.   From today's scripture I know I am to be filled not by physical food alone, but by the very word of God.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word, and the sufficiency off it.  I pray Lord your word would fill me today and forever with the life giving spirit needed to press forward toward your kingdom work.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment