Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A healthy fear of the Lord ensures His covering

A healthy fear of the Lord ensures His covering
S - Psalm 34
9 O fear the LORD, you His saints; 
For to those who fear Him there is no want. 
10 The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; 
But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing. 
11 Come, you children, listen to me; 
I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 
12 Who is the man who desires life 
And loves length of days that he may see good? 
13 Keep your tongue from evil 
And your lips from speaking deceit. 
14 Depart from evil and do good; 
Seek peace and pursue it.


O - Fear of the Lord is such a critical thing to learn.  In circumstances that externally seem grim, we can lose hope, but when we fear in God, our Hope is in Him and he is faithful to leave us with no unattended need.  All we need to do on our part is keep a healthy fear of the lord, by not speaking evil or deceit, doing good,  and pursue peace.   Now these are from the words of David who after fleeing into exile from Saul.  


A - The application for me is to know that though circumstances externally or even internally seem grim,  I am to continue to live with a healthy fear of the Lord by seeking justice, peace, and truth in all that I do.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you Lord for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to restore and keep a healthy fear of you.  I pray for words of encouragement and direction in these future days, so I may boldly follow you, and lead those you have given under my covering. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment