Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Desire compassion not sacrifice

Desire compassion not sacrifice
S - Matt 12:7 (NASB)
 7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,’


O - Jesus is speaking these words to the pharisee's who are seeking to trip Him up as He allows his disciples to pick grain to eat on the Sabbath, and He heals people on the Sabbath.  The truth He reveals is that even in the old testament Law is was given to help create and maintain a compassionate heart, one of loving God and loving others.  The generation that was accusing Jesus had missed this truth as they only sought obedience to the rules, but not the heart behind the rules.


A -  The application for me in this season, is to recognize God is trying to grow a compassionate heart in me.   The work of the ministry that lies ahead is not one of sacrifice but of increasing compassion of the  people God is pursuing.   


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you Lord for what you are doing inside of me.  It is a painful process, but one in which I trust you mold and shape my heart into Christ's image.   I pray Lord that you be gentle with me, and help me to be the man you know I can be.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment