Friday, March 30, 2012

Born of the flesh, die to flesh for the spirit

Born of the flesh, die to flesh for the spirit

S - 1 Cor 15:45-49 (NASB)
“The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.


O - Paul speaks at length on the resurrection of the dead here to the Corinthians. It implies they were having some questioning of can the dead be raised, and what does immortality look like.  Paul schools them pretty thoroughly on what the truth is, that without the resurrection of the dead, there is no truth in Christ as a our redeemer.   I found this passage in the scripture to be the most clear picture for me.  The picture of two Adams, one born of the earth , and one born of heaven.   We are the product of that born of the earth, but we are transformed into the spirit through the second Adam, who is of the spirit.  


A - The application for me is to understand that God has a perfect plan for us.  He created us in love, from the earth,  to commune with him in the flesh.   But this will not last forever, and because of his love for us, He gave us an opportunity to commune with Him in the spirit, both here on earth, and forever eternally in heaven.  I am to enjoy and embrace both the now and the future relationship with God. 


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord today for a renewed spirit and communion with you, so that I might know your will, be renewed in you, and refreshed so I might lead my family as you would love and lead them.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment