Friday, April 27, 2012

Laying down my burdens and sorrows


Laying down my burdens and sorrows.

S - Psalm 142:1-6 (NASB)
 1 I cry aloud with my voice to the LORD; 
make supplication with my voice to the LORD. 
2 I pour out my complaint before Him; 
I declare my trouble before Him. 
3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, 
You knew my path.
...
5 I cried out to You, O LORD; 
I said, “You are my refuge, 
My portion in the land of the living. 
6 “Give heed to my cry, 
For I am brought very low; 


O - David's cry is the cry of my soul today.  I am encouraged with a mighty man of God, anointed and loved by God postures himself in this manner before the Lord.   It is the humble and dependent posture that ensures the God who we love and trust can lead us in His ways.


A - The application for me to today is to trust in the God whom I love, and continue to humbly bow down before Him, in this season of low spirit in me.  


P - Lord I humbly come before you confessing my spirit is troubled in this season, I feel lost and wandering, without purpose torn between a world I grew up in and the life you are laying before me.  Help me both internally by encouraging my spirit within me, and help me externally by giving me courage to represent you in this world, in the community, and in the family you have placed me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment