Thursday, April 26, 2012

A season of little growth, deep roots

A season of little growth,  deep roots

S - Matthew 13:9 (NASB)
 3 And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, “Behold, the sower went out to sow; 4 and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate them up. 5 Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. 6 But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out. 8 And others fell on the good soil and *yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty. 9 He who has ears, let him hear.”


O - What a powerful parable.   In the season I find myself I realize that this is parable is not just about when you first hear the Gospel or when you first come to give your life to Christ.  That the journey is one of escaping the scorching sun and thorns of the world so that we may be fruitful in the kingdom of God.   The deeper we send our roots, the more likely we will recover from scorching sun and choking thorns.  That does not mean we won't be affected by them simply that with a deep root system we will survive to thrive another day.


A- And that is the word of encouragement from the Lord for me today, that He has planted His seed in me.   It has grown deep over the years and I have already weathered a few seasons, been pruned back, and grown again.  The current season I am in feels like the choking thorns of the world have choked out the joy and peace I once felt, but I hang on by my roots of His word, and His promises, that one day I will grow and thrive again.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment