Sunday, April 22, 2012

God's messengers with God's gifts

God's messengers with God's gifts
S - 1 Samuel 25:32-35 (NASB)
32 Then David said to Abigail, “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, who sent you this day to meet me, 33 and blessed be your discernment, and blessed be you, who have kept me this day from bloodshed and from avenging myself by my own hand. 34Nevertheless, as the LORD God of Israel lives, who has restrained me from harming you, unless you had come quickly to meet me, surely there would not have been left to Nabal until the morning light as much as one male.” 35 So David received from her hand what she had brought him and said to her, “Go up to your house in peace. See, I have listened to you and granted your request.”


O - The Lord works in this way sending people into our lives with differing gifts and words of wisdom so that we may not sin.  In this case God sent Abigail to offer David and his men food when her own husband Nabal refused, despite the protection with great honor in which David and his men treated Nabal.   But as David points out, vengeance is the Lord's,  we are not to be the judges of man, but simply follow God.  


A -  The application in my on life is to understand I am not to follow my passions for righting my own wrongs, but trust in the Lord to lead me or send people to do so himself.  He has sent me my very own Abigail literally, she has done much to bless me with discernment she has from the Lord.  I need to do my part to honor her when she speaks God's truth into my life.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your gift to me of your word, of David's example, of Abigail's courage, and for the very gift of my own wife Abigail.   I pray Lord you would give me the wisdom and courage of David to be obedient to your every guidance in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment