Thursday, April 19, 2012

My soul's savior

My soul's savior
S - Psalm 35
 9 And my soul shall rejoice in the LORD; 
It shall exult in His salvation. 
10 All my bones will say, “LORD, who is like You, 
Who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, 
And the afflicted and the needy from him who robs him?” 
...


O - My so longs to cry out the same as David does here.   David in this time had become a hero to Israel killing Goliath, and a servant and blessing to Saul the King, who tormented by evil spirits, both loved David for the peace He brought him but also hated Him for the threat to his crown he represented.    And so David must have felt all alone with all but His God to return to.


A -  Lord I confess at times I feel as David, all alone,  circumstances that surround me seemingly dismall , but knowing you are my rock my salvation, my stronghold, my refuge gives me hope.  So today I rejoice that you are my Lord, that you love me, and that no other is like you, that you are my strong deliverer.


P - Dear heavenly Father, I pray this scripture, David's words, my confession, and your Holy Spirit can work to strengthen my weakened soul, for I know I have much to get through and only you are my Lord and savior.  I pray Lord you would deliver me from this season, filling me with your spirit of hope, goodness, love and grace.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Ame.

No comments:

Post a Comment