Friday, April 6, 2012

Listening for God in His word

Listening for God in His word
S - 2 Cor 5
  “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; 
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 17 “Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord. “AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. 18 “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty.



O -  From Pastor Rick Warren's tweet:
God's Will is in God's Word. Stop listening for a voice. Start looking for a verse.


This verse is a word from the Lord for me today, as my heart so desires more of Him, but a struggle to live in the feelings I reside in.   I only wish his voice to wash over me, and as I do my devotions I wish His hand to guide and comfort me.

A - The application for me is to receive God's truth that He abides in me, He is with me, He is my Father who is in Heaven.    I must receive this word today to continue to draw myself out of this world, and into His kingdom.   I am to be in the world, to reach those He is putting before me, but I am not to conform to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of my mind by the washing of His word over me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's saving word into my life.  I ask for strength for today and this weekend, that you might show me where I am to be , who I am to touch, and what I am to cast away as no longer a healthy part of my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment