Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why despair my soul

Why despair my soul
S - Psalm 43

3 O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.
 5 Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why are you disturbed within me? 

Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

O - Thank you David for understanding and speaking the feelings within our soul's.  Even those who love and follow the Lord at times can lack confidence and security in moments in our lives.  So David positions himself, humbly, and expectant speaking truth's of who God is, and allowing the Lord to minister to Him.  

A - The application for me is to relevant to today how I feel, my soul with a low grade fever of despair,  somehow not feeling whole or confident.   Daily I wake up in despair, and I come in prayer before God, listening for His voice, and seeking His wisdom and guidance in His word.   I come to be led by Him and His spirit within me.  To be led by His truth that lives in His word.  And in the moments my soul is buoyed up, at times just enough to get me to the next morning, at others times completing removing my despair.  I am not sure why my soul despair's knowing what I know, and whom I know,  but I know my soul longs for these morning to spend, seeking, worshiping, and spending time alone with the Lord.

P - Lord thank you for speaking into my soul truth and peace, and love.  I am nothing without you Lord.  I come each day to understand and seek your ways, and am full of hope for what you are doing in me.  I pray Lord that you heal my soul completely of this lack of confidence of who you are and what purpose you have for me, but I understand Lord that I must be patient and in your time and in your ways, your will be done in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment