Monday, March 26, 2012

My house will serve the Lord

My house will serve the Lord

S - Josh 24:14-15 (NASB)
 14 “Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”


O - Joshua give the people of Israel a long reminder of what God has done for them in delivering them to the promised land, followed by a warning that straying back to following false gods, and serving themselves vice serving the Lord is a path their fathers had taken before.   This tendency to experience the joy of salvation of the Lord, then overtime become complacent in our service of the Lord has plagued us from the beginning; even Adam and Eve living a life of perfect provision out of complacency  allowed themselves to oppose God's direction despite his perfect provision.  But Joshua, being the warrior that he was, proclaims boldly, that despite my own tendencies, I will dedicate myself and my house to service to the Lord. 


A -  The application for me (and my house), is the same a Joshua's.   I will grow my family to love, and serve the Lord.  I will trust in His ways, and reject the ways of our culture that deify objects, things, not of God.   I know I still have the propensity to slip back into worship of career, finances, houses, and things of value to the current culture, but I choose to embrace the calling to serve the Lord.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your lesson in today's word from Joshua.  I pray Lord that you would continue to ignite a fire in me, to help my family continue to seek to serve you and your Church.  I pray that you help me rid myself and my family on all dependency on things that would cause our worship of you to stray.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment