Saturday, March 17, 2012

Speaking God's wisdom

Speaking God's wisdom
 S - 1 Cor 2:1-6 (NASB)
 1 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, 4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God. 
6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7 but we speak God’s wisdom in amystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory 


O - By this time in Paul's missionary journey's he has gained much wisdom and experience in what it means to preach the gospel, and plant new church's.   What is interesting is that here in a letter to the Corinthians he is intentional in not boasting of his skill and knowledge but carefully exhorted the church to rely on the pure wisdom of God and not Paul.  I think this must have been hard as a man of much experience and sacrifice to do, but it truly reflects the humble nature of the servant of God that Paul was.  


A -  The application for me is guard my own pride when proclaiming the gospel or teaching those Christians around me what is true and what is wise.  The spirit of God is the key to all revelation and all true wisdom, and shepherding people to the God's truth is a process of shepherding them to the source, which is not us, but the Holy Spirit.   The good news is that feels like a burden has been lifted, and likely what Jesus meant when he said my yoke is light,  the hard part is simply not picking up the burden that is not yours to carry.  For me that means though I strive to learn and grow, I will ultimately need to grow in wisdom on how to lead people to a real genuine connection with the holy spirit.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for day's words of revelation.  I pray Lord that you would open my eyes to the path of personal development you would have me on here in Monterey. I submit to you and your spirits guidance, and intend to wait patiently on you Lord and your revelation.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment