Sunday, March 18, 2012

Do not fret

Do not fret

S  -  Psalm 37:7-8 (NASB)
 7 Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; 
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, 
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. 
8 Cease from anger and forsake wrath
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.  

...
11 But the humble will inherit the land 
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity. 

...
23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD, 
And He delights in his way. 
24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, 
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.  





O - David rights these psalms as a man of experience, wisdom, but most importantly a man pursuing God his whole life.  I can imagine some of these psalms come from proven experiences, but others from natural revelation from the Lord, all in control of and inspired by God.   


A -  I am a fretter and I am one who struggles to wait patiently on anyone, and the Lord is no exception to my impatience.  I admit I know better but continue to fall into worry when things are not going as I perceive they should, or am feeling criticized by those around me.   When I fret though I am reminded by this same that it leads to anger and wrath, and if held long enough to evildoing.    I must instead trust in the Lord and wait patiently on Him.    Humble myself, admit my faults and weakness, and know the Lord has established my way, and even when I stumble and fall short of others expectations, I must know that the Lord will not let me fall in his plans for my life.


P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you help me during this time know that I find myself fretting over mistakes I have made at work.   Help me to trust in you and what you are doing in my life, help me to move in your ways, and leave my ways behind.  I pray that you would help me continue to witness to the life and love you have shown me.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment