Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walking in the promised land


S - Deut 8:1-2 (NASB)


1 “All the commandments that I am commanding you today you shall be careful to do, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to give to your forefathers. 2 You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.


O - Even though the Israelites were required to wander for 40 years because of the their own disobedience and lack of faith, God did not waste that period to prepare their hearts for when they would enter the promised land.  They faced many trials of faith along the way, learned to trust in the Lord, and follow the leader that He is placed amongst them, and most importantly to seek and follow Him.   


A -  I know the Lord has done the same for me and my family, we  have experienced salvation, blessing, and growth in Hawaii.  We had also faced trials and challenges along the way which was developing our character and dependence on Him.  He has been faithful to keep his promises and now we find ourselves entering our promiseland season.   Verse 2 is a reminder of how I am to navigate the uncertainty of the promiseland season.   I shall remember all that he has taught me in the past,  keep my heart humble, and follow Him closely.  Although the promise land is full of milk in honey, it is not as my old self might have imagined, in which I am always confident, happy, and free of care.  Instead it is a place of God's true purpose and true provision, in which I can confidently walk in His ways.  Learning to walk confidently in this season is the challenge and opportunity to grow.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would lead me in this promiseland season, remind me where I am to follow your commandments, and correct me back to your path when I wander.   I pray Lord that the peace of being in your will would wash over me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment