Wednesday, March 28, 2012



Love the spiritual glue for the spiritual gifts
S- 1 Cor 13
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing..


O - Right after teaching of the gifts in the body of Christ, Paul follows with a teaching of love, the glue that adheres all these gifts together.  Without love we can be the best in our gifts but it will not profit the body of Christ, or the kingdom of heaven.  


A -  As I sit in a season of doubt and wondering of what my calling is and when it will be and what it will look like,  I begin to feel less and less adequate and prepared.  I see skilled men and women around me and begin to doubt myself and my purpose and doubt my resolve to serve the kingdom of God.  But here Paul let's me know that there is but one area to excell in without which it will do me no good, and that is to love.  To learn to love excellently in every direction at every level, is an area I can spend the rest of my life trying to do.  Today I am learning to love my wife and my girls well,  I am learning to love my family well.  I then can work on loving those god places around me in my life at work, in church, and all around. 


P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for loving me first.  I pray Lord that you would continue to transform me from the inside out to become the man, the husband, the father, the friend, and the disciple of Christ that you have called me to be.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment