Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Entering God's kingdom

​S-Mark10:24-27 NIV

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is[e] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

O - Jesus says this parable after the rich man comes to him asking what he needs to do to inherit eternity.  Jesus told him to follow the law of moses to which he claimed to have followed since he was a child.  Then Jesus told him to take and sell all of his stuff and give everything to the poor and follow him. Jesus then tell's his disciples that it easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.  The disciples then asked then who can be saved.  Jesus said things are impossible with man are possible with God and therefore even a rich man can enter the kingdom if he follows God.

A -  The application for me is to seek God and my salvation through Jesus. I need to lay down my need for earthly treasures and seek kingdom treasures.  I must focus on my relationship with God and seek his will first and trust in him for all other needs.  

P - Dear heavenly father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for you to reveal you kingdom to me and show me the way to enter it.  I pray for your provision to be enough to satisfy my needs and worries.  I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment