Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Denying oneself

 S - Matt 16:24-26 NIV

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

O - These instructions are to Jesus' disciples as to what it will take to be a true disciple.  It takes denial of self and a willingness to take up their own cross and follow Jesus' example. Those that are clinging on their old life will lose their life in Christ and those that give up their old life will find new life in Christ. 

A - The application to me is to follow Jesus and his disciples example.  I am to lay down my old life and pickup my cross and follow Him. I must stop clinging to things of this world and seek to do God's will in this life.  I lay down my rights and follow Jesus unconditionally .

P - Dear heavingly father , thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord you help me to pick up my cross and follow you.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment