Monday, October 31, 2022

Submit to God

S- Job 22:21-27 NIV

“Submit to God and be at peace with him;
    in this way prosperity will come to you.
22 Accept instruction from his mouth
    and lay up his words in your heart.
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored:
    If you remove wickedness far from your tent
24 and assign your nuggets to the dust,
    your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,
25 then the Almighty will be your gold,
    the choicest silver for you.

Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty
    and will lift up your face to God.
27 You will pray to him, and he will hear you,
    and you will fulfill your vows.

O - These words from one of Jobs friends are speaking to Job about the posture he should take in his circumstances which seem grim.  Job is to submit to God and be at peace with him first.   Accepting instruction for God and lay up God's words in his heart.  If He turns toward God he will be restored, if he removes wickedness from his surrounding and trade your gold for the treasure of the almighty God.   If He does all of these things he will find delight in God and once again lift up his face to God.  He will pray to God and God will hear him and he will fulfill his vows.

A - The application for me is to be like Job's friend describes to Job the way back to being in alignment with God.  First I am to submit myself to God and be at peace with God.  When I submitt to Him I am to listen for his instruction and put His words into my heart.  I need to turn away from my wandering ways and turn toward God obediently following his guidance and direction.  I am to remove wickedness and laziness from arond me and trade in my earthly treasure for heavenly treasures.  I will lift up my face God and delight in Him,  praying to him all my needs.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to turn my face to you and pray.  I pray for a internal motivation to restore my relationship with you and to know and feel your presence.  I pray for wisdom and discernment on how I am to work toward my recovery from addiction and how I am to financially move forward.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment