Monday, November 14, 2022

Labor in the Lord

​S-1Cor 15:58 NIV

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

O- Paul here exhorts the Corinthians to remember their victory is through Christ and not the law.   In order to inherit this eternal life they need to stand firm in Christ, letting nothing influence them away from Christ and always give themselves fully to the work of the Lord.  In this work there is no sin, and their work is not in vain.

A - The application for me is to seek to do the work of the Lord in all that I do.  I shouldn't get confused or mixed up in following the law which can confuse me, but rather to follow Christ who was without sin and can be trusted to lead me in the correct direction. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you  and your spirit would lead me in  my daily activities and that I would give myself fully to your work.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment