Friday, November 4, 2022

Great commission

​S-Mark 16:15-18 NIV

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons;they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

O - Jesus after his resurrection came to see his disciples before his ascention to heaven.  He gives them his great commission, to go into all the world and preach the gospel.  Just as it was with him, people will be healed and saved if they believe in the gospel and are baptized.   Many signs will accompany those disciples who are bringing the good news to the unsaved: they will drive out demons, speak in new tongues, and pick up snakes, and drink poison without being hurt.  They will lay hands on the sick and they will get well. 

A - The application for me is to have faith in the same great commission and accompanying power is available to me.  I have been saved and baptized and am no longer condemned but saved by grace.  I am to to walk by faith sharing the good news  of what Christ has done for me.   I am to pray for those who do not yet know him and share with them God's unending grace. 

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I thank you for your amazing grace, and ask that you show me where and when I am to bring the gospel to those around me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment