Thursday, November 17, 2022

Perfecting my holiness

​S-2 Cor 7:1 NIV

Therefore, since we have these promises,dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

O-Paul here exhorts the Corinthians to act because of the promises of being in Christ, that the result should be a desire to purify themselves.  Specifically purify from those things that contaminate the body and the spirit within.  If they do this in ever increasing ways they will be perfecting their holiness, doing so out of their reverence for God.

A - The application for me is to remember the promises God has made and from that place seek to purify myself both body and spirit.  I need to submit all my thoughts and actions to God and pray he would help me to purify my actions and deeds as well as my thoughts. 

P -Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to purify myself in body and spirit.  Help me to know and reject that which draws me away from your holiness.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment