Tuesday, November 22, 2022

The yoke of Christ

​S-Matt 11:28-30 NIV

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

O- What an invitation Jesus gives us here.  To be able to come to him when we are weary and burdened and find rest in Him.   Take off any yoke you have put on yourself and put on his yoke because he will lead us gently and with a humble heart.  While under the yoke of Jesus we will find rest for our souls.

A - The application for me is to lay down my life to the Lord and take up his yoke.   This is not easily done and must be done frequently because I know my nature to take the yoke of the world on my shoulders and feel that burden.  Even if I lay it down before the Lord each day I will need to exam my heart and intent to live under the yoke of the Lord.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I give you my worldly yoke in exchange for your yoke.  Help me to walk in that new freedom of being yoked to you and not the world.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment