Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Love is the answer

​S-Mark 12:29-31

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

O - Jesus here answer's the question of one of the Pharisee's as to which of God's commandment is the greatest.  Jesus answers them with the words to love is the greatest commandment.  First and foremost is to love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and then love your neighbor as yourself.   If we focus on these we will find ourselves right with the Lord because all of our thoughts and actions will be directed to loving God.   Our love for others will prevent us from sinning against others and spreading God's love to all those we interact with.

A - The application for me is to put my full effort into loving God with all my heart, mind, soul and stregnth.  To focus my attention and energy on loving Him from the time I wake to the time I sleep. I must also posture myself to love my neighbors with the love of Christ.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray you show me your way to love you with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and how to love my neighbor as myself.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment